Wild Seed Magazine Vol. 5
The fifth volume of Wild Seed Project's magazine, this 64-page annual publication, provides a mix of articles focused on changing landscapes and ecosystems—illustrated with beautiful photographs and original illustrations. The magazine is free of advertisements and full of engaging stories and practical guidance to help you better appreciate the importance of native plants—at every scale from backyard on up.
Here are some of this issue’s highlights:
- Maliseet researcher Suzanne Greenlaw on indigenous plant knowledge
- Herbalist Deb Soule of Avena Botanicals on growing medicinal plants
- Scientists Nicholas Fisichelli and Jesse Bellemare on how a changing climate may affect forests in the Northeast
- Historian Kerry Hardy on diminished ecosystems
- Horticulturalist Reeser Manley on the pollinator role of moths
- Restoration expert Jessica Toro on controlling invasive plants without chemicals
Part of the sale of this magazine goes back to the work of Wild Seed Project whose mission it is to return and rebuild native plant populations in Maine.